Topic Title: ICD-9-cm code
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/04/2009 05:57 PM

View topic in raw text format.
 06/04/2009 05:57 PM
 User is offline  Print this message

coder09

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:

Status post cross finger flap three weeks ago from the right long finger to the right index finger.

PROCEDURE:

1. Division and inset of cross finger flap from the right long finger to the right index finger.
2. Debridement of partial thickness skin, right hand. 3. Splint application.

The right arm was prepped and draped in normal sinus rhythm. The sutures connecting the right index finger to the right long finger were divided and removed. Next, debridement of partial thickness skin took place of the right index finger and long finger. Next, the cross finger flap was divided between the index and long finger of the right hand with 15 blade scalpel. Next, the remaining skin defects both on the radial aspect of the right long finger and the ulnar aspect of the right index finger were closed with interrupted 5-0 chromic suture. Wounds were then cleaned, dried, covered with Bacitracin solution and sterile dressing. Next, a plaster splint was applied to the volar aspect of the right hand, keeping the hand in the protected position of safety. This completed the procedure. I used code 86.73, 86.61 and 86.22 & I don't know if other people have better code than I'm. Thank you so much!
    Reply     Quote     Top     Bottom    
View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >