Justcoding.com
Login to post notices to the discussion forum

Spacer
< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Need help with this case please!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/16/2011 06:25 PM

View topic in raw text format.
 11/16/2011 06:25 PM
 User is offline  Print this message

amichael1987@gmail.com

Hi I am lost on coding this.. can someone please help!!

75 year old female admitted because of chronic diarrhea and dehydration. History of herpes zoster, right upper extremity, leading to monoparesis, right upper extremity with postherpetic neuralgia on the right side of the chest. She has been treated with heavy doses of Neurontin with no significant relief. On admission her chest xray showed resolving lingular and left lower lobe pneumonia in the right perihilar region. The patient is being treated with levaquin. She has colonoscopy in the hospital for her iron deficiency anemia. Colonoscopy with biopsies taken of the small bowel as well as the rectosigmoid area showed no specific etiology. Need POA indicator and MS-DRG.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it! I just started coding and this one has me lost!
    Reply     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 12/27/2011 12:39 PM
 User is offline  Print this message

budicy

MS-DRG should be 640 Misc. disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluds/electrolytes w/MCC according to the info you are presenting.

The Dehydration as Principal w/Pneumonia as a secondary (MCC) followed by Herpes zoster w/nervous system complication, Diarrhea, iron def. anemia and last the Monoplegia of the upper limb affecting unspec. side.

POA; if all where Present on Admission then Y indicatior.

Hope this helped.
    Reply     Quote     Top     Bottom    
View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >